During Ekstremsportveko 2023, you have the opportunity to compete in a Pumptrack competition. Here, you can compete against other BMX, Dirt, DH, and/or enduro cyclists, whether you are an amateur and hobbyist or a more experienced cyclist. The competition will take place at the pumptrack outside Myrkdalen Hotel.
- Registration: 13:30 - 15:00
- Training: 14:00 - 15:30
- Competition: 15:30 - 17:30
There will be official training scheduled prior to the competition. Only participants with race bibs have access to the track.
The competition format is a solo format. This means that there is only one cyclist on the track at a time, and the goal is to complete the designated course as quickly as possible. Each participant gets two attempts to achieve the best possible time in the qualification. The 8 participants with the best times will advance to a final, where athletes will have one attempt.
- Junior girls (13-18)
- Junior boys (13-18)
- Women (18+)
- Men (18+)
All participants compete at their own responsibility and risk, and are responsible for ensuring that their equipment functions properly. Ekstremsportveko recommends that everyone has their own insurance.
Cyclists can use the bike of their choice but cannot have a motor (applies to junior and athletes 18+).
Registration for the competition is done through Ekstremsportveko's website and registration system.
All participants under 18 years old (junior athletes) must have a signed consent form from their guardians.
- If a participant goes off the track, they can re-enter and complete the run, as long as the exit does not provide an advantage or a shorter track. Taking shortcuts results in disqualification for that round (DNF).
- The race director acts as the jury and has the final say regarding disqualifications.
- Familiarize yourself with what the competition requires from you as an athlete.
- Act considerately and cautiously. Do not put yourself or others in danger.
- Become well acquainted with the track before the event starts.
- Ride within your abilities.
- Adjust your speed according to the conditions.
- Be particularly aware that the track may be slippery under wet conditions.
- Wearing a helmet is mandatory, and other safety equipment is recommended.
- Ensure that your bike is in good and proper condition.